Thread: adultery
View Single Post
Old 21st October 2010, 02:56 PM   #2
chosen

Re: adultery

Oh dear what a mess. Goodness knows why you did it, or what possessed you, but this is done now and there will be repurcussions. In my opinion you have to come clean and tell her. How can you think of keeping something like this a secret? What if the other woman tells her?

yes she will be devastated, and she may want to end the marrriage, that is her choice, but not to tell her is not an option as far as I am concerned. This is the terrible effect that adultery has. Its breaks the marriage covenant and destroys trust. No matter what she does, you need to do some serious thinking and praying as to why you would do this, especially only a year after you have married. You clearly need to set some very strict boundaries with reference to the opposite sex from now on.

It may not be the end of your marriage,you may be lucky, that is for your wife to pray about and decide, but to keep such a thing a dark secret will badly affect the marriage. Besides that, you may now have a sexually transmitted disease that you could pass on to her and need to get checked out. After all, if the woman thinks nothing of sleeping with another mans wife, she has probably slept with many other people as well.

Yes she could trust you again.....eventually, but it would take a very long time. Some can stay in a marriage after such a betrayal, and some cant, that is her decision. I am sure she will still love you, and learn to forgive you, but only time will tell if the marriage does survive.She may want to seperate for a while, while this all sinks in and she thinks and prays about the future.

I suggest that you go and see your pastor and tell him all of this.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote