View Single Post
Old 29th October 2013, 10:08 AM   #157
chosen

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Why not just love her in the way that you are able to, even if that is at this time just as a good friend, and stop trying to make yourself 'feel' that 'right' sort of love? The only thing you have to compare the way you love your wife, is the way you thought you felt for that OW. That wasnt real love, that was living in a fantasy of what you think love should be, who knows if that would have lasted once you got to know her in real life day to day and not just at work(when people are not usually themselves).

I am sure there are many married couples who love their spouses in varying degrees and in varying ways, but who aren't always seeking that maybe unreal all consuming passionate type love that you see in films and in books.

I believe that you work in the film industry, and films are responsible for a lot of discontentment between men and women I feel, with such unrealistic portrayals of what 'real' love is supposed to be. Then you look at the lives of those same actors and actresses, and see their multiple marriages, adulteries and relationship problems, and you see that their roles in the films are purely make believe.

Honestly, a large part of a good marriage is being very good friends and companions.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote