View Single Post
Old 24th October 2009, 10:33 AM   #5
1aokgal

Re: wedding place please help..

The bride can have brunch at the altar if she chooses!

She continues to receive her sacraments as she always has in mass before. The Catholic church lost REAMS of the faithful over just such issues. The numbers don't lie as many left the church over inflexible rules.

That is how protestant religions began many from priests who left and began a relaigion pseudo catholic with rites and similar but not those strong dictates and priests who left to other faiths could also marry.

The Holy Father, the pope, rethought some harsh rules and they made it not a given..as the partner (non-Catholic) must still agree children born of the marriage will be raised Catholic.At least the couple don't need to go to a magistrate. city hall or official to marry.

My mother (divorced woman) waited over two years for papal dispensation to "forgive" her first marriage so she could marry offiicially INSIDE the Catholic altar rail to husband #2 when she became Catholic. She was the mother of two children, including myself. It seems the first marriage didn't count in the eyes of the church as it was non-sanctioned and done outside the Catholic church. Both she and my father were not Catholic.

They married.....her 2nd husband in civil ceremony..and remarried later inside the altar rail symbollically acceptance of the Catholic church when they got this permission to do so. So instead of baptism as a baby..I was baptized about 5 yars old. Although I understand had I died ..according to faith, doubtless I would have wandered and never gotten to heaven. You see, I have been in trouble all my life over such technicalities.

Miss interfacing with you AG and hope you light is not hidden under a barrel as they say in US. Hope you are getting out there and mixing.