Thread: needing advice
View Single Post
Old 28th March 2010, 11:16 PM   #1
walters2610

Lightbulb needing advice

i am 19, female and come from a christian back ground. i met my boyfriend 2 years ago at school, he is 20 and from muslim background, although he is not a practicing muslim. i am aware that there are generally issues with muslim christian marriage, and i know tht his mum would love me to convert. he has said to me that it would be perfect for us to marry... on the grounds that i convert. I feel that it would be disrepectful to do so considering i come from a christian background, my mums family are practicing however she isnt and my dad isnt religious at all so i havent chosen to practice. i would love to marry my boyfriend however i was wandering if there is anyway i can do this easily and without offending anyone. i am open minded and happy to learn about islam but i dont know if i can commit to practice the religion. i know the main issue is when it comes to children, i am happy for them to be brought us as muslim as my boyfriends family are more religious than my own and he is very passionate about teaching his children about islam. i am happy to each halal meat and not drink to show my respect but i dont know what to do. i dont want to offend his mum, but on the same hand i want to be happy and i dont know how my family would take this decision.
i need to sit down with both families and discuss this but i dont want to loose my boyfriend!!! help will be gratefully recieved
many thanks
Emma