Thread: My Crap Life
View Single Post
Old 30th October 2007, 05:45 AM   #4
1aokgal

Re: My Crap Life

Sad-Si
I won't say sorry things did not go well for you. Life can be **** and then you die. If you think each day is crap and negative then for you it probably is that way. As you think, therefore, you are.

I can about match your story. My childhood was pretty rotten. My mother remarried when I was 3. The stepfather did not like kids much and drank too much too often. I can't tolerate those with drinking involved and for myself I never wanted to touch more than a glass of wine or champaigne on a special occasion. So life was really very hard with my struggle to work, raise two kids alone after divorce and go to college for years.
Every dollar I could spare went for schools so I could better myself. I drove clunker cars and lived cheap and kept focused on education. Once I had a nice home and owned a small company and the econemy changed and drove me into debt. I lost my home and car. More years of working two jobs turned things around. Sorry to relate my story but all of us have stories.

Today I own a wealthy paid for home, luxery cars and a boat. I also have a life threatening heart problem. I thank God I had all these bad times in the past as they forged the person I am today. There was an edge to living and challenge to overcome obstacles. Some seem born lucky but some of us have to fight hard. Life has NO guarantee how each will fare. Who said life would be easy? My deeply loved stepbrother, the only family close to me, died suddenly. That was so sad. My favorite animal died from eating threads from my sewing machine. Each day has in it triumph or tragedy.
There is no magic formula for happiness.

Today after all my struggles my sad little heart (that had 6 procedures) defies to be fixed. I went to top clinics. That is not fair. Yet I will take the days as they come and make sure I give closure to any problems day by day. What happens when you lose it all? You begin again as many times as it takes.

You go down to any hospital, shelter or under a bridge and there are human beings in trouble and in pain WORSE than you and WORSE than me. What we do is the very best we can. Sometimes it takes superhuman effort to achieve keeping afloat.

Accidents, illness, death ...we cannot change. We can only mend our psyches and move on. Depression can be your undoing. Get some free or cheap counselling. Thank God you are still young enough and strong enough to find a way to do better. You have your limbs, eyes and body and can wield a broom, screwdriver or whatever to work. Go prove the good stuff you have inside.
I hope things get better for you.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 8th November 2007 at 07:22 AM.