View Single Post
Old 6th February 2012, 08:00 AM   #177
Shasha

Re: Married and lonely

Dear all,
You may have probably wondered whatever happened to me, as I was the instigator of the thread, "Married and Lonely"
Well, first of all, to give you an update, my husband, D and I no longer are considering for a divorce.
Matter of fact, we had been in talking terms for some time and have reconciled our differences and are slowly trying to mend the relationship and marriage.
Thank God, He intervened as He has done and saved our marriage.
We had considered separation, but when I thought about our son, it broke my heart to have to do this to him.
As I had been praying for some time, the Lord showed us His way and that was, to salvage what we had together and to try to live together in peace and love for His sake and also for our family's sake.
Divorce seemed such an easy way out, but what saved our marriage was forgiveness. Yes, I sought forgiveness from him and vice versa (although D is very stubborn and finds it difficult to handle his emotions).
Anyway, my husband is not all there, yet and still has a long way to go and will never be the perfect husband.
We are now seeing a counselor to help us iron out our differences and we have been praying together, as a family.
We are on a long journey in trying to stick to God's ultimate plan for this family. As long as we have God on our side, I believe we will have a successful marriage.
I am still engaged in my counselling course and am learning a lot about myself and how I relate to others and problems in my life.
Thank you guys for your consistently good advice and prayers.
Shasha.

"For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world,
But that the world through Him
might be saved." JN 3:16,17

Grace be with you all.
God bless!
Shasha is offline   Reply With Quote