View Single Post
Old 26th May 2012, 07:05 PM   #32
freegirl

Re: Should I say yes?

So I'm back. I want to update you on what happened to my relationship with this guy.

I decided to give him a shot and dated him for a few months. He turned out to actually be quite a nice guy and I started to like him lots and maybe there were a few sparks. However eventually it seemed that our relationship reached a dead-end. Sure he still wanted to marry me but, for me it meant having to give up alot in my life to be with him and yet he didn't seem to be happy with that. In addition I also figured out that his priorities were somewhat off track and that was probably the reason why he was still single. All in all I was very straightforward with him. I didn't play any mind games and told him that it doesn't seem to be working out as of now and we should just try and figure out things on our own for the time being.

One thing I did learn from this experience is that sometimes even when you try to make things workout, if it's not meant to be then it won't happen. So the best thing you can do for yourself is to do what makes you happy and the rest will fall into place. Being a believer this also goes to show that nothing can happen without God's will and I prayed for His guidance daily and I believe He showed me the right path. Surprisingly I feel abit bad for ending things because I did develop feelings for him but at the same time also feel liberated. I have no regrets for having dated him...I think it was a learning experience for me. I'm also glad I took advise from this forum which helped me to be cautious in this matter as most of my friends were keen on me getting married to him. I'm now going to concentrate more on building my own career and let's see where I land