View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:08 PM   #38
jan2012

Re: brink of seperation

ah...i wrote a reply to you a few days ago, and my computer (or me) lost it!
anyway, how are you, how was swimming, im glad you have an outside hobby to do thats great.
you are totally right, he is an extrovert and i like going out but not all the time, and prefer smaller groups of people when i do. he is the opposite. i like routines and planning, he likes being spontaneous and just doing what he feels like when he feels like it. i find all of this very hard - we both do, but with the counselling im hoping we can learn to meet in the middle.
the last while has went from bad to worse. things did escalate between us to the point where there has been arguing every day, and ive been very upset most days. im struggling now with depression at times and confidence, and still don't sleep at nights as the baby is going through a very demanding stage re to nights. im emotionally and physically drained, im not keeping on top of house stuff and don't have motivation. i know this is because of ongoing conflict.
we have missed counselling for about a month and are going back tomorrow. it will probably make us feel worse after as it will bring up these issues but we need to keep at it.
the main issues for me are his total disrespect in the way he speaks to me. he speaks down to me, cuts me off, cracks up with me, for trivial things and i can't put up with it anymore but i don't know how to stop him, ive tried talking to him over and over again. i don't want my daughter growing up and knowing its ok for woman, or people in general to be spoke to in this way. part of it stems from his family as they all just say whatever they think, yell, if someone is doing something they think isn't right they will tell them they are stupid etc- whatever, with no thought of being sensitive or consequences.
anyway thanks for listening to me rant. i know i am at fault too in my reactions at times, but my patience really is running out. i need more strength from God.
jan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote