View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2017, 06:52 PM   #9
chosen

Re: Well it's happened.

If she is going for the 2 year separation thing, she cant actually legally divorce you unless you agree to sign the forms. She would have to wait 5 years for that. Although its probably not in your best interest to delay it.

I know that RC's are into this deep shame thing for divorce, but you have nothing to be ashamed of.
My husband felt guilty for a while after his wife ended their marriage, but I kept telling him, hang on, it's SHE who met another man and divorced YOU, you have no reason to feel guilty. As a Christian I guess he felt he had failed, but as you know it takes 2 to make a marriage work. He doesn't feel that way now and I don't either.

Its easy to look back with hindsight and think how you would have done things differently. You did the best you could at the time. Try not to let this set you back, its really only making legal what has been the situation for 2 1/2 years anyway, and may even help you to be able to let it go for good.

You could tell her that she must contact you,(via the solicitor if you prefer), to arrange to collect her things by a certain date(maybe a month from now) or they will be thrown away. Then arrange for a friend to be there while she packs it up and moves it out so you don't have to deal with it.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote