View Single Post
Old 15th July 2016, 09:41 PM   #1
congybl8229

My husband had 8-year-long affair with my mother. Not coping with this at all.

Earlier today, my husband told me he had a big confession to make. I've been with him since I was 19, we live in West London, met when we were students in uni.

He told me straight out that he'd been having an affair with my mum since November 2007, said that it began as a sex thing, then developed into a full-on relationship.

We have an 11-year-old daughter and she's going to high school in September.

I felt angry and appalled, wished he was joking, but he was deadly serious when he told me, said he was leaving me for her, and then said that she wanted to be stepmum to our daughter. He even admitted he'd married me to get access to her. What the heck does he mean by that?

No way will I allow this, I thought.

I'm going to have to divorce him, and it'll be painful, I've been with him since I was 19, that's 15 years we've been together now, we've been married since 2002.

I feel like my marriage was a sham. I lvoe my husband really love him but can't cope.

My husband is usually open about things, he moans about politics, local news and other things, even the recent Brexit thingy, but isn't a grumpy old man. He is a good dad to our daughter and they have a good bond, she likes golf and Formula 1 like my husband and he enjoys helping her with her homework.

I'm worried about the whole thing, what should i do now? Confront my mum over this, when do I tell my dad? (I worry he'd have a heart attack if he knew?)

I need help and quickly. What do I do next??

Confused saddened and upset.
congybl8229 is offline   Reply With Quote