View Single Post
Old 12th January 2014, 02:18 PM   #186
magneto

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Interesting thought Roses. That would be using the name of God in vain I think.

Magneto if your wife has apologized for saying she does not love you that is something. I am thinking maybe it could be a cry for help? She knows she should love you and wants to go to marriage counseling to maybe fix it. I know it is an unwise thing to say to your spouse but maybe it comes out of frustration? Counseling might reveal what it is that has killed the love. Maybe it can be fixed.

You are obviously taking it as rejection but it might not have been meant that way.
My wife has said and done many things over the years that I have taken as rejection, disrespect, and un-appreciation. The thing is that those things have changed me, my view of our relationship, my love for her. Some call it a spark, butterflies, longing. However, you describe it, I no longer have that for her, and I honestly don't see it returning. I don't think it would be fair to continue forward knowing that, and giving her hope that things can return as they once were. We went to counseling, but for me it made things worse.