View Single Post
Old 11th August 2014, 07:26 PM   #8
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

No we don't have children and the mortgage is in my name only, she want's nothing out of the property and we aren't getting divorced, my wife is not a grabbing money motivated person never has been and never will be plus she knows the legal power and might that I have behind me that I use for other matters so she wouldn't want to mess with that, but I don't like talking like this we are not getting nasty why should we ? we are both moving in to a new stage of our relationship as friends that care a lot for each other lets see how that goes, btw I find it strange that you have never known separated couples reconciling I have known quite a few over the years so don't see it as being so unusual, counselling is an area for consideration but maybe a bit further down the line it has been mentioned already and will be again just not at the moment, for now I just want us to spend whatever time we can together, start to heal, enjoy each others company and see what happens, she is not well or herself at the moment she needs to clear her head and rest and become herself again, this could be a blip all our close mutual friends think so but I have to look at worse case scenario and consider that we may never live together again, but as I said previously I am not putting my head in the sand I am a realist but a tiny bit of me detects a slight glimmer of hope she is a good person going through a tough time but it is she that has instigated a lot of the new ideas not me I was just giving her space and time and she came round to our house totally out of the blue, she knows the locks are changed, she knows the alarm code has been changed as has the safe code and she said it upset her, if she wanted out totally then why would that upset her ?, time is a great healer so who knows what will happen.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote