Thread: Broke boyfriend
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2015, 03:53 AM   #13
1aokgal

Re: Broke boyfriend

I didn't think about what my husband had, or did not have, when I met him. There were few preconceived notions about our future together, except that he was a good person and I loved him. It didn't matter how we would live or that I would follow him to live in another country. His family became my family, despite language and culture differences. I didn't see my family for some years.

There were few problems in how we lived since our sole expectation was that we would make a life together. We had faith all the problems could be overcome. That has worked for 35 years. We began with nothing and made a life of work and family. There were lots of lean years, but two working people made it easier. That formula works for most of us, doesn't it?

If you don't look at a man with that view, you might miss a wonderful life. They say behind a successful man is woman who has faith in him. It is true that married men make the best employees because they apply themselves to the task. A married man spends little time on outside socializing with friends, or going to clubs. They are on the career track to do their best for the family. So a man often changes completely for the woman he loves.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 3rd April 2015 at 05:43 AM.