View Single Post
Old 6th October 2011, 03:19 PM   #18
chosen

Re: Muslim marriage general advice...

My church has no graven images of any sort, not even a cross. we meet in a school gym! We follow the Bible and endeavour to live Gods way. We do this because we love Him and not because we have to obey a set of rules.The Christians that I know are lovely genuine people, and believe me, the church is not declining, it is growing world wide. Our church is full, and that is why we now have to meet in a larger room. We follow Jesus and we follow His teachings with His help.
No human being is perfect but the most genuine people that I have met are my christian friends. They love God and follow Him to the best of their ability.They are kind and genuine and real people.
However God isnt a killjoy, and he doesnt get angry just because we may gave our children a few Christmas presents or easter eggs. Its harmless enjoyment. God is a generous God, not a stingy one. I love to give gifts dont you? God loves to give us good things also. He longs to bless His children. We celebrate his resurrection at easter, and we remember his birth at Christmas. Most religions have special days or feast days or whatever it may be.

God longs for muslims and others of other faiths or none, to come to know Him, but He adores His children and loves to spend time with us. He longs for that close intimate relationship with each of us, as His children, and that is the most important thing. He gives us guidlines and instructions in the Bible for our own good, and to keep us safe. You have seen this in your own life where you have gone otuside His boundaries for no sex outside marriage and for complete faithfullness in marriage, and you know the mess this has got you into. You know what the consequenses may be. He gives us these instructions to save us from the messes that we would otherwise get into if we all went our own way.

Santa has nothing do to with God or Christianity. Christmas is relevant because it the day that we celebrate Jesus birth.

The question on miniskirts would come under Gods instructions for women to dress modestly and not to draw attention to yourself. Most women today do the opposite, but then Gods ways are the opposite of the worlds ways. When you are a believer, you do feel that you are swimmimg upsteam in todays world, but thats what God requires, and there is no better way to be and no better way to live.

By the way I was bought up in 'religious' churches as well which gave me a very distorted picture of God, but I went away from that very early on (age 11)and have now got to know God better and understand what He is really like, and go to far more relaxed and informal churches, where the people are genuine and their greatest desire is to please God and follow Jesus.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote