View Single Post
Old 21st December 2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Car111

Hoping to move forward

Hi All!

Here's my story. I had been on this forum a few months ago but haven't posted in a long time.

Together 13 years, married 8 years. Twin 6 year old girls and a 5 year old boy.

It all started in Feb of this year when I got the bomb drop of "I no longer love you, I feel empty inside, I haven't loved you in years.. I can't imagine a future together...". I was completely shocked. We went to counseling for a few months and it ended in June with him saying he wanted to separate. He then said he wasn't sure if he wanted to stay together or separate, and we started this strange kind of "limbo" or fence-sitting where we lived together but he wouldn't tell me whether he wanted to stay or go.

In September he told me he was leaving. He moved out to his brother's apartment and left me and the kids in the house. I was so sad but relieved in a way, after all of the hurt that he has caused me over the months. I started to move forward and just focus on myself and taking care of my children. I got a lawyer and started on the separation agreement.

Then one day he told me that he was second guessing his decision. He missed me and wanted to work on things. I felt shocked because I had been moving on. We are now reconciling and trying to rebuild our marriage. He is still at his brother's apartment. We still have a lot of issues we are slowly working through and we are going to start MC soon.