View Single Post
Old 18th April 2014, 08:55 AM   #37
Raymond

Re: Question for men - I would apreciate your candid opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgya1234 View Post
Oh my God Raymond I am so sorry. I did not want to dig up old wounds. Than I was lucky I had a mother that loved me to death and a pair of grandparents that thought me the most wonderful things in life. That thought me that there is no "mountain" I can move and I can achieve what I wanted. Eventually when I turned 28 my father came around and he really loves me in his own way. Actually he was my support through those days.
I want to do all those things Raymond: I was accepted to some of the most prestigious top 50 business schools in the world and they bend rules for me just because they think I am outstanding professional. I have professors writing and calling me to convince me to chose their school. I fulfilled most of my dreams and I want to go on and run a multinational and then become a motivational speaker. I want to do all that and more.
I would like my husband to be happy for me, to share this with me. It was our goal last year not just mine. He used to be so proud that he has his beautiful overachiever geek who wanted to change the world.
Now he is completely against my work, my dreams and my life style and wants to be with his parents (more like with his mother).
I can't compete with his mother Raymond. I just can't. She told me once that she will separate us and well she tried so hard. Most of our fights were because of her and her not so normal demands.
I do not know what to do. I thought I should write him a long email, an assertive one about how I see things or how I feel about everything. And then life will tell. I will see how it goes but is up to him. If he still loves me I am willing to help me if he wants his own life I am not running after him.
What do you think about the email?
You are a very nice person really. You deserve the best in life. I hope you will get it.
No problem Edgya. I can talk about my past because it doesn't hold me any longer. I do have a good life and a happy marriage as it happens. Glad you had some love in your childhood.

Maybe you ought to e mail him and tell him what you want out of life but it may well boil down to a choice of him or your career or maybe a compromise. Really I believe that a career should fit in with marriage not the other way around. He will have to make a choice about the options you lay before him. If you put your career before him then you will have to live with your choices, but I think it is a good idea if you talk about it with him in a calm way, if that is possible. E mail may be better as it is hard to argue on e mail.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote