View Single Post
Old 14th April 2014, 10:57 PM   #14
chosen

Re: Question for men - I would apreciate your candid opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgya1234 View Post
The idea is I didn't know why I was pushing him. At that time all I knew was that I couldn't stand him touching me (of course I was much more diplomatic and invented something).
I went to counseling and did not help. The answer just pop into my mind after all this time. Being away from him, being able to think and hear my thoughts, being able to see friends without feeling guilty, being able to go out all night by myself etc. all those things helped me find myself. We were both wrong. I love him but I won't push him. I'll open the door for him but he get to come through it by himself. He is a man not a little frightened boy. I do not like that I am much more tougher and I am not the man in the couple
And because a photo speaks for 1000 words here is a link:
http://imgur.com/bX4graM
What was the point in posting you photo? It makes no difference to a good healthy relationship what you look like. In fact in my experience it seems to be the people who are thought to be better looking whose marriages don't seem to last(maybe because others are attracted to them and so affairs are more likely?).
It is good that you have such a good self image though. Most women struggle with their self image and self esteem no matter what they look like. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder isn't it. Its not something that we should ever use to get our own way, or to have control over another. However that's what many do.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote