View Single Post
Old 11th October 2016, 10:35 AM   #864
Raymond

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

This is a difficult one. One wonders why he got married if he doesn't want sex. I would count sex as the cement that holds the marriage together. Not that we have sex every minute but take that away and one will begin to feel that they live with a flatmate rather than a spouse. I know it's about relationship but the sex comes out of relationship. It is a wonderul part of marriage.

There used to be a law in Britain, don't know whether there still is, that the marriage was not consumated until the couple came together sexually. In those cases divorce wasn't necessary as the marriage was seen as not consumated anyway and the deprived party could depart. Personally I think that becoming one flesh is on that level. Jacob was not really married to Leah until he had slept with her. Although it was not the one who he wanted it was too late once they had come together.

One could question what was his motivation for getting married. It would be interesting to know his past, as Chosen has enquired, but obviously something is seriously wrong here. The only other thing I could think of is homosexuality. It is known that some homosexuals do get married as a cover up. It is asked during the vows whether anyone is aware of any impediment why the marriage should not take place. This would be such an impediment in my view. I know that your main question is about divorce. In that this marriage has not been functioning from the start I could personally see grounds for separating on the grounds that it has not become a normal marriage from the start, but obviously you need to pray about that.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote