Thread: I need HELP
View Single Post
Old 29th October 2015, 10:23 AM   #2
Raymond

Re: I need HELP

I assume you didn't know about this before you married her.

I don't think it is entirely her fault as that is how she has been brought up. She has obviously tried it and not succeeded. There seems a bit of a culture clash here and so you both need patience with each other. Nobody is asking you to change but I think it would be a good idea to go with her ocassionally and share her way. She is far more likely to listen if it doesn't become a tug of war between you.

The main thing is not to destroy the marriage over it. You have walked into this and it is a trial for you over which you have to get some kind of victory but not at her expense. You have years to love her and encourage her to, cook but I don't think it can be forced. I would encourage her small attempts and not kill off the small seeds because your mother was a much better cook. Don't ever tell her that as that would be putting a downer on her.

I know it is hard for you but building a loving relationship in spite of her perceived faults (we all have them) will in the long run vastly improve things. The danger is that you are getting a sudden reaction to the situation which could destroy your marriage if you are not careful. You will need a lot of patience.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote