View Single Post
Old 29th November 2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Faith1

Advice Needed Please!

Hello, I have met a wonderful muslim man who is 29 years of Age. I am a divorced Christian (catholic) woman with one child. We have only known each other to this day for about a week. The thing is we get along very well, however, i notice when we are out in public, he whispers, is conscious of who is around him. He has indicated that if i was to call his home and his mother was to answer, it would cause a great deal of friction and problems for him.
I have not heard from him for about 2 days, and I have not contacted him, because perhaps he is dealing with the dilemma of deciding whether to continue to see me or not. He said that if anyone in his community was to see him with me (a non-muslim) and it got back to his parents, it would cause GREAT tension and problems in his family..............
Any advice........is this something I should not pursue? I have come to the realization that if he does not contact me, then this is perhaps something that I should not pursue and leave it at that as he has apparently made a decision that his religious values are more important than our possibly pursuing dating etc.
Should I quit while I am ahead and before my emotional attachment to him grows?, and avoid any potential heartache? He is a wonderful man, very romantic, charming.......however it appears the religious aspect is a potential red flag.
Any advice would be appreciated.