View Single Post
Old 9th January 2014, 04:53 PM   #167
chosen

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Magneto it depends on whether you believe in keeping the vows and promises you made to your wife or not. If you are a Christian, you have no biblical reason to end the marriage. No one ever said that we must have that 'in love' feeling to keep those vows. Love is relative and we can make that decision to love no matter how we 'feel'. Feelings come and go, responsibilities as a spouse and father are lifelong ones.

Your father didnt stop her from doing those things you said, it was her decision not to. She could have done more but for whatever reason didnt. As a mother my children's well being always came first no matter if that meant I had less or did less. I would never ever have left them or ended my marriage just because I felt unfulfilled. Thats totally selfish. Once the children have grown, we have the time do to more but many just never bother. Dont blame that on her husband or marriage.

You can get out of life what you put in. You can do things you want to do WITH your wife. You don't need to end a marriage to do that.

Last edited by chosen; 9th January 2014 at 05:06 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote