View Single Post
Old 9th January 2014, 10:05 PM   #173
chosen

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
Chosen..I never said that my father wasn't a christian. He just didn't attend church. I think there is a difference between doing things alone, and being alone doing things. Example..I can love bird watching. My spouse appreciates and supports that, but has no interest. That's fine. But, if my spouse doesn't care to understand, support, and/or deters me from my passion, than that is another thing. As far as the bible goes i think people pick and choose what they value nowadays. Isn't stoning and sacrifice in the bible(of course), tithing is too, but we have made our own interpretation of that nowadays as well.
Stoning, sacrifice and tithing are all Old Testament rules that were for the Jewish race. For us we have the New Testament teachings on things like marriage and divorce. My husband wasn't happy in his first marriage of 23 years. He had a controlling and bossy wife, but he had made a promise for life and he would never have ended it. However she met another man and ended it herself so he had no choice.
We all have a choice to go our way or Gods, but in my experience God always knows best.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote