View Single Post
Old 6th October 2011, 09:44 AM   #15
abely

Re: Muslim marriage general advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I can't understand how I come to be the one backing Easter eggs. It's really nothing at all to do with my faith. Easter is really about Christ's death and resurrection but if people want to celebrate the new life symbol and have a little fun with bunnies and Easter eggs, chicks and the like I don't see any grounds for stopping them.
yah sure no one said you can’t enjoy and celebrate and have fun nor i am trying to stop anyone, but i do feel the same as you, as its nothing to do with Christianity... and it shouldn’t be put to people that way... I wouldn’t have an issue if it was just a symbol for spring and new life celebration... i just disagree with the saying of "its part of Christianity" thats all... Its like someone telling me that valentine's day is part of Christianity... i don’t have an issue with valentine's day but it’s not part of this religion! Sure God loves to have us celebrate love... but it shouldn’t be put under his name as part of the religion, its a cultural thing same as Easter.. so if someone asks what does Christians celebrate as part of their religion? Easter shouldn’t be on the list!... hope that explains what I mean...

Last edited by abely; 6th October 2011 at 10:16 AM.
abely is offline   Reply With Quote