View Single Post
Old 9th July 2014, 05:43 PM   #25
1aokgal

Re: Am i sinning and how do i stop?

Dear Raymond..

How ecstatic life might have been in this marriage with the whole package! My husband was quite perfect the first 12 years, though there were hints of inner issues. You are a kind man to share yourself with others and a mans' viewpoint here is so helpful. It is true....I have thin skin in talking about this area. I have great love for my husband and respect the attractive, cultured and intelligent man who is my center point.

What went wrong here is likely his Christianity was mouth service to please his wife more than his deep held belief. He extends himself in every way to do things for me from cooking delights to the 6 carat Diamond ring he bought me for a 34th anniversary. As a Marine Engineer, he earns a great deal of money for his long months of separation overseas and hard work he does in his specialty. He had a good year now after serious health problems overcome. His past colon cancer battle would bury most couples in debt. Lucky we have great health insurance and I had put aside significant savings, so we came away intact. He will still smoke some, well away from me, but I get upset at that choice. Our daughter says I am not his policeman, so let it be. I told her she does not have to bury a husband. That issue is his choice as well, not mine.

There is that issue again, right? We can not control another and need to know how to accept that, which we can't change. Where is that serenity when we need it!

Last edited by 1aokgal; 9th July 2014 at 07:34 PM.