Thread: today
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2006, 12:31 PM   #21
helenrw200

Re: today

Hi Amanda

I agree they're not all assholes, but some of them can certainly act like it some of the time !

You desribed your H as a bit of a womaniser , it sounds as though he gets an ego boost from it, this is what annoys me most about my partner, he can't see that by boosting his own self confidence in this way he's destroying mine. Men who are secure in themselves don't feel the need to get attention from other women when they are in a loving relationship... or if they do, they shouldn't. I certainly don't need other men telling me I'm attractive or stroking me, I really don't care if they find me attractive or not as far as I'm concerned they don't exsist.

I've never even told my partner about this site, he would hate me discussing what he considers our private business with anyone else..... pretty rich coming from him ! He doesn't even like me talking to family about things, I'm supposed ( as I can't talk to him ) to keep it all inside, which is what he reckons he does. If he did read it he would have exactly the same opinion as your H, it's onesided and a waste of time,he thinks the same way about therapy and so doesn't even want to know what my counsellor says or thinks, as she only has my side of the story to go on !He thinks forums like this are basically where people go to bitch about their marriages when they should just get on and deal with it, or accept that's how things are !

The revenge thing is strange, I've always found a little revenge can be quite sweet but it has to be subtle, an ex of mine had a business with a free phone number for customers but he had to pay for the calls, while I was away one bank holiday weekend, I found a phone box in the middle of nowhere, rang the number and left the phone off the hook, it was off for 3 days ! It didn't cost him that much, but I felt better and he didn't really suffer much harm ! Sometimes the need for revenge when we've been hurt is pretty powerful and hard to deny . My present partner had a favourite coffee mug and the first time we split up I "accidently " dropped it onto the tiled kitchen floor and smashed it whilst packing up his things, I wrapped it carefully and sent it anyway.... he was never sure wether it was a genuine accident, but I felt soooo much better ! I even replaced it for him when we got back together but oh dear I just couldn't find one exactly the same .

Take care Amanda

Love

Helen x