Thread: School Visit
View Single Post
Old 29th June 2009, 12:20 PM   #10
Raymond

Re: School Visit

I tend to agree with you 32hh. I would have been horrified if anyone tried to handle the sex thing with my children at that age. It is really none of their business. It belongs to the parents to do this naturally over time as it comes up.

I know there are parents who don't do it and are shy about it but why should the other parents children suffer because of this? Children are going to learn it in the gutter anyway if parents are not looking after them, like I had to. I think it should be voluntarily in the sense of being up to the parents. Theres something of the nanny state in it.

I reckon it can be done in a practical way but it is very easy to abuse as it is such an important and emotive subject. Thank God my children's school left it to us to do. I have no regrets about it but I do realise what a battle conscientious parents have to go through. All you can do is pray, speak up and battle it where you can 32hh. I think the generations from the sixties have been wrong about so many things in this area and we are reaping the outcome of that.

I also agree that young children should not have this pushed on them. There are always problems when children are taken into the sexual world prematurely instead of being allowed to be children. I know that from bitter experience in my own life.

Most of the children in the schools are very positive AG. The comment about age wasn't mentioned before now and that was only one child. They really do appreciate asking questions about a real marriage.

Raymond
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote