View Single Post
Old 19th March 2013, 07:20 PM   #8
1aokgal

Re: I feel betrayed!

Dear Sirleo,

I can understand why you feel you should have been told of this health condition. The fault seems to be in the point of an arranged marriage. Normally, a couple know each other over a period of time enough to confide all areas of life. You married a stranger...as did she.

Since the marriage wasn't based on attraction and love and a desire to have a family, the premise of the marriage was faulty. Maybe you need a worker to help you and she needed a home, so that is why you entered this far from traditional marriage. In my country, this whole marriage would not pass the immigration process as regulations for country entry would likely be denied.

Generally, health conditions would be shared by those who enter a traditional marriage as there is time involved to learn these factors. The fact this health problem wasn't disclosed might have to do with fact it was arranged by a 3rd party. Was there gain involved for the party who made this social introduction? You may be concerned/unhappy there is a health problem. Whether this was disclosed or not, there is no legal remedy to nullify an existing contract of marriage. There is no fraud here in failure to divulge this information that is legally actionable to alter this existing marriage. Maybe this isn't the big problem at all, so long as she is properly medically evaluated and takes reasonable precaution.

We are human beings and don't come with "money back guarantees" upon marriage. The words "in sickness and in health" is part of the vow one takes in the marriage. This is not a cow purchased who has sour milk. Do you have any feelings at all for your wife?