View Single Post
Old 8th January 2012, 05:55 PM   #3
chosen

Re: Should I say yes?

freegirl
I agree with iaokjal
Dont even consider marrying him. You are still so young and to marry a man just because you are worried that you may not meet anyone else would be a disaster and also very unfair to him. There needs to be some chemistry between you and the man you marry, and a big age difference can cause lots of problems also, especially when you are older, and you are still only middle aged and he is an old man. Just imagine having sex with a man who you arent attracted to? Just imagine how you woud feel if a man married you just because he felt he may not be able to find anyone 'better?'
Also you clearly dont know this man anything like well enough to consider marriage.

I have three children of your sort of age(mine are aged 33, 31 and 26), and my son, the oldest, didnt meet his wife till he was 30, and my older daughter didnt meet her fiance till she was 30 either, so you have plenty of time, and being in an unhappy marriage isnt better than being unmarried. I am also good friends with 2 couples who meet and married each other in their late 30's and they are both so happy, one of them is expecting their first child. The other has now been married for 20 years.

I dont know where you are from but are you independant from your parents? Do you live away from them and have your own life? Do you have friends and go out and meet others of your own age?

Tell this poor man that you like him as a friend but that isnt enough to marry him. How much older than you is he?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote