View Single Post
Old 4th September 2013, 05:20 PM   #8
chosen

Re: Wife has been cheating, heart is torn, thrown in gutter and run over by the bin w

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbage View Post
Thanks for your thoughts.

The big question for me is who would be best for the children? I work full time and I am worried on how I will cope with them, I am not sure on how much support I will have from her family. I know she loves the kids but would the courts see depression as a form of illness, with her showing no interest in the kids, its all the classic signs and symptoms of depression. will she one day get better? i don't know?

I have plenty of financial back up and can easily pay for the divorce but is this best for the kids as her stress levels will massively increase and I don't know if she can take it. I think she could possibly have nervous breakdown. But this is only in the short term for the kids.

I know in her defence she will say that I am agressive and shout at the kids and occasionally smack them. I have never smacked them hard as too leave a permanent mark or redness, and I have always done it for the right reasons and then showed them that they are loved. Also, on the other side of the coin she has started drinking alcohol and smokes (something whcih we both have always hated)! Her doctor has warned her about drinking alcohol when on antidepressants!

It's so hard. Also on the plus side I can get free counseling sessions in work in dealing with all of this and for stress management.

Just don't know whats best.
I would be just as concerned that she sleeps around and may bring goodness knows who back to the house. Yes the depression is a factor but her life style will only make that worse, especially with the drinking. Maybe you can at least try for joint custody and have them half the time each.