View Single Post
Old 29th December 2007, 09:13 AM   #10
1aokgal

Re: please god help me

My family once tried to cram this man down my throat. I would say to them I would be going out and they would tell him to come on over. When I got home they would have him sitting at the table drinking cofee with a donut. Then I was forced to make polite conversation.

On the surface he was a good looking man with a future and real stuck on me. I LIKED him but he did not have the polish, education or conversational skills that I wanted in a man. He was kind to me and while it was flattering I could not get into this guy. Meantime my folks were praising him and cutting short my career plans with ideas of marriage and such. I almost made a huge mistake to settle. What I wasted was quite a bit of time trying to make it fit when it did not. He later turned into a Jekyl and Hyde as the surface wore thin and that is what I felt all along... something was not right. Lucky for me I did not let others opinions make me think I would just settle because he was available.

I later found the right one. No difficult fit but a good match. When it does not feel right...it isn't.