View Single Post
Old 18th March 2009, 08:57 AM   #15
Jackie

Re: Advice needed on whether should let husband come on holiday with us.

Well, I decided in the end not to bother meeting up with him. I thought that I heard about the affair by email so he could get an email. I kept it to the point and just said I had packed up the rest of his clothes etc and they were ready to collect. He sent a long email back about how sorry he was, how much he regretted the last year, how much he still loved me, how we had had a good marriage, doesn't know how we got to this point, blah, blah, blah. I know how we got to this point. He had an affair with my friend and can't end it.

He still sees her sometimes in fact took her away for the weekend last weekend. As she basically left her H for him, he feels as though he cannot hurt her. It is not a proper relationship, only seeing her once a week and only on her own, not with her children, as he does not want to have a relationship with them. They know him so it is not as though she doesn't want to introduce my H to them yet.

I think he is stuck in a bad place and cannot make any decisions. He obviously misses his life with us and says everything reminds him of me but just cannot give the OW up. So I have had to make the decision as he is too weak. He is coming for his stuff at the weekend but I will hopefully be out. I have had little contact with him for the last 3 weeks and it has made it easier. I did not reply to his email. I thought it best to keep a dignified silence. There is nothing I would say that would make any difference anyway. He is making the biggest mistake of his life but unfortunately it is affecting all of his family, not just him.