View Single Post
Old 17th October 2015, 05:09 PM   #1967
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
thats why you need to be proactive and make sure that you find out for good what her future plans are . I think you need that closure from her to be able to move on.

I dont suppose she would agree to talk to me by email?
Does she have a close friend or family member she confides in you could talk to?
Wow Chosen what an offer, thank you so much, however I reckon at this moment she wouldn't speak to you, me, archbishop makarios, butros butros gali, pope Gregory 9th, president Taft, Roger Daltry, Dennis Law, Bruce Forsythe, Bruce Fivesythe, Geoff Hurst, Mike Brearley, Derek Underwood, Floella Benjamin, Valerie Singleton or indeed anyone about our dying marriage, but I appreciate your offer so very much that I will keep it in my pocket just in case if that's ok with you ?, the other thing is that to the best of my knowledge she doesn't know anything about this or any other thread I am involved in and I want to keep it that way, as this lengthy thread is so varied and some of my postings could incriminate me with my views, observations, blogs, and musings etc.

No we don't have a crossover of friends or family that she confides in that could be a mediator, tried that in April with the priest and whilst polite she knocked him back so a bit of a no goer, I dealt with it at the time and went over to Huddersfield on the real ale trail and had some of the best bangers and mash I have had in years, nearly as good as mine.

I had an appointment this morning, and on my way home I stopped at the borough cemetery to put some flowers down for my parents and her dad as it is his birday next week, I was slightly surprised in a nice way to find fresh flowers in my parents flower thing, this means that both she and her mum are still placing flowers down for them and are still showing respect to them, this tells me she still has an elephant of decency about her which I had started doubting, I thought she had become an ignorant, ill mannered, disrespectful, mal-adjusted scum bag, but apparently not I am pleased to say, maybe inside she is still the soft spoken, well mannered, well educated, well brought up, sweet, pretty raven haired green eyed beauty that I used to love so much and was loved by so much, must admit I was very pleased because I don't get over to the crem as much as I used to, and I know its her and not my 2 brothers as neither of them 2 pillocks ever go, it was only she and I that maintained our parents plaques and flowers.

Whilst over there I placed poppies on the graves of the many WW1 CWGC headstones that lie there, one in particular is a private none-CWGC grave that had fallen in to ruin when we found it, and we used to go every few weeks to tend to it, he was 19 when he died in 1918 and we felt a bond with him and also the need to commemorate his life as nobody else was, I have written his story on our council website, as both local businessman and local WFA member I sit on the councils grants and commemorations committee for the 1914-1918 war, we are fast approaching once again November 11th and that is now 2 years in to our 100th years anniversary, lest we all forget, at the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them always.

I could murder a bowl of sherry triful right now, my mum a none drinker, used to bloody lace the triful with so much sherry at xmas you could get totally bongoed on it, being tea total she didn't realise the strength of it, it was the best bit of xmas dinner for us as kids, my dear old maiden aunt used to go home with a face redder than ruddy santa himself may god rest her soul.

Ps, does anyone else think that Michael Parkinson looks like a deranged lunatic in those life insurance adverts he does ?.

Pps, has anyone else been watching and enjoying Cradle to Grave on Thursday nights with Peter Kay ?, I don't usually watch those modern comedies but as a kid growing up in the 70's it is very very funny and well written, never been keen on Danny Baker who's young life story it is, always thought him a Millwall b-stard but this has been really good.

Last edited by ralfgarnett; 17th October 2015 at 05:33 PM.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote