View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:57 AM   #1
musicworld

Wife Wants a Divorce Because Of No Work...

Hi

I decided to add this post to find out where I stand in the law of marriage, the story goes... I was made redundant some time ago due to the crisis and have been unemployed ever since (six months) I have seeked to find work in all areas but due to living on a tourist island (Tenerife) I've been extremely limited in finding a full time position. My wife works full time as a sales rep and receives a wealthy income each month due to high sales, so her supporting the both of us since my redundancy has not would you say crippled her account in any way.

However that is not the point, I being the man understand I'm obligated in a marriage to provide and support for my wife’s needs, but this has just not been possible due to where we live, and its come to the point where she can't bear the fact of me not working any more and bringing in an income.

I admit I completely agree with her attitude and as a result I'm feeling ashamed and terribly embarrassed about the whole thing that is why I've strongly suggested that we both move back to the UK where there is a greater opportunity for me to work, but she has rejected this offer due to her high position of work and saying that she’s happy where she is, but at the same time has threatened to kick me out and is considering divorce.

We’ve been married five years, to encapsulate our relationship would be to say where compatible, faithful, honest, and caring for each other, I myself don’t drink smoke or do drugs and there is no signs of physical abuse towards each other. but i being a christian just can't except the fact that she wants a divorce, So considering we are man & wife and the house is in her name could she stand any grounds in a court of law as apposed to having me evicted even though we are married?