Thread: Cannot say no
View Single Post
Old 30th October 2004, 10:49 AM   #5
Romancer

Re: Cannot say no

Why is your husband away for long periods of time? I'm not at all going to suggest that you have any excuse for cheating on him when he is but it isn't right for him to be gone a lot. I would hate that! Husbands and wives need each other and you especially need him. When you tell him about these affairs--and I feel you do have a moral obligation to do so--tell him the reasons of you being lonely and feelings of abandonment from your childhood.

He may need to change jobs. Your marriage is more important than his job. if he is in the military, he should try to get out! What price a happy marriage? Of course I also feel you need some professional help. Try the counselors at NewLife.com They are Christian and can put you in touch with someone who can help you work through your issues. Obviously you cannot continue to cheat and expect to keep your husband. He WILL leave you for good if you continue. By cheating you are basically setting yourself up for the very thing you fear the worst--abondonment. And you would only have yourself to blame, wouldn't you?

Having sex with various men may be your way of getting approval as well as companionship. But those things need to be taken up with a professional.

Please pray about finding a good counselor--but get help. This is NOT normal!