Thread: 37 years gone.
View Single Post
Old 21st September 2012, 05:33 AM   #3
chosen

Re: 37 years gone.

Hi winder.
There are 2 issues here. Firstly the marriage. Have you guys ever been to counselling? Have you done everything that you can to work on this marriage? How about marriage enrichment courses? IT seems so sad that you seem to be just giving up for no real reason. I suppose that I am not a believer in ending a marriage unless there is adultery or similar, or serious abuse, and please also think of you family. Your children may be parents themselves, but what sort of example is this setting them for their marriages? That you just end it if its not going well? They will be deeply affected as well even though they are adults.

Secondly the financial aspects and the house. I dont agree with Iaokgal about this. You have been married for 37 years, you have both contributed equally to the marriage, whoever earnt more/less money isnt important. Being a mum sho cares for the children is vitally important even if that means she couldnt work full time. Her getting a full time job now wont magically make her want to stay in the marriage, although I suspect that she will get some sort of job if she leaves to support herself. Judges wont take any notice of who earnt what, and thats as it should be, after a long marriage where they were children to bring up.
My husband payed every penny of their mortgage for 23 years while his ex was with the children and when they divorced he let her have the house!!!Amazing man!
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote