View Single Post
Old 11th October 2011, 12:52 AM   #21
lovingfatherandhusband

Re: Wife wants "space" and is moving out

Well, Unfortunately it looks like you were right. It only took a week and half before she filed for a divorce. She never even gave counseling a chance. I honestly believe that nothing I could have done would have changed it. I think after she initially told me she was depressed she had checked out emotionally.

I truly believe that there is someone else... maybe not physically but emotionally. Looking back I feel that it all started about 2 months ago at her class reunion. I think maybe she started talking to someone as an old friend and it made her decision to do this a lot easier. I truly believe that she is making the biggest mistake of her life and she will honestly see that later. I am working to fix my faults and have no problem with admitting where I am flawed. Her on the other hand, not so much.

Thank you all for everything you have helped me with. Hopefully I won't have to ask for this advice in the future I know I have learned a lot from this experience and will do everything in my power to prevent it from getting to this point in future relationships. Thanks again.