Thread: Broke boyfriend
View Single Post
Old 28th March 2015, 07:23 AM   #7
1aokgal

Angry Re: Broke boyfriend

Hold on there! You dated him 2 months and it sounds like you are on a fast moving train. You are thinking about him already as a marriage prospect and are critical of his career choice or position in life. You didn't mention the age of the man, or why you think you have life all figured out and want to direct his. When a man doesn't earn as much, dating means making some concessions to entertain at home and keep the spending down.

My husband was not real well set at the beginning either, as a young man. I figured he liked what he chose as a career path, and would do better with more experience and time. There is no way I would direct or push him in his work or expect him to meet some unrealistic expectation that he was going to "take care for me" neither did I expect him to supply all our needs. The lean years were not easy, but I always worked. He found his career path and works very hard.

It sounds as if you are seriously shopping for husband material and after such a short time together you are critical of his job progress. Most young men don't come with all their career goals met. Most will find direction with the necessity of climbing the ladder of seniority in the chose field. If you direct energy to meet your own career goals, you will find that an interested man will want to succeed as well.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 28th March 2015 at 07:30 AM.