View Single Post
Old 28th October 2015, 12:55 PM   #2031
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
It may not bother you(or you think it doesnt) but its one more thing that will keep you from full acceptance and the cutting off the past.
Maybe if you write the email you could mention that her things are still in your house. If you were to move house for a fresh start I am sure you wouldnt want her things there.
I have actually thrown out bit by bit quite a few superfluous items over the past year or so, but unless I have a good win on the lottery I wont be buying a new house in the UK, it would be financial stupidity on my part, I nearly own this place now and my mortgage payments are very low so to start paying more each month makes no sense, I am still operating in emergency crisis style mode with the house and bills etc since she withdrew her half last September, being self employed I set myself a sales target each month but even though I am an experienced and capable salesman and my business has a very good reputation I'm proud to say, I start each month with no guaranteed wage and that in itself can cause me quite a bit of stress, it was ok before because we had her wage to fall back on should we ever need to, thankfully we never needed it but it was nice to have that subliminal safety net there just in case, now I am winging it on my own, touch wood so far so good but it could all become very difficult for me at the drop of a hat, which is why I try to make hay while the sun shines.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote