View Single Post
Old 28th January 2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Sigh

Re: How do I move on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit0000 View Post
I'm sorry its not quite clear, is this a decision you both came to? Do you feel its something you can seek help together for or is she just not interested?
Thanks Lisa

It was her that made the decision but I guess we both knew that things had been bad for sometime. She is two and a half years sober and its been the last two years where things have gone bad. There was nothing sexual between us throughout the whole of last year and even the kisses became more like pecks.

A few months ago her main AA mentor told her to call an end to the marriage once she had the strength to do so. I don't think she had reached that point, but a stress between us blew everything up and things were at an end.

Not only have I lost my wife, I have also lost my best friend and she was pretty much my only friend. Having been made redundancy I have no work colleagues to turn to. I've been seeing a counsellor for self-esteem issues for a few months but those sessions have recently become an opportunity for me to off-load things, yet I don't get rid of them.

Simon