View Single Post
Old 28th January 2012, 02:12 PM   #11
Sigh

Re: How do I move on?

Replying to Lisa above mine.

I will always be proud of her for beating the drink (to date), but as I said I won't get gratitude from her for what I did.

I don't have anyone else in the family to turn to. My brother and I have never got on and there was no concern when my mum told them. My sister reached decree absolute two weeks ago, in her case her H just decided he didn't want to be with her. I am going through much the same as she did and still is, but she isn't the sort to support me in the way I feel I need to.

My brother in law had been more of a brother to me than my brother is, but I won't turn to him due to the pain he has caused my sister. I have a cousin on his third marraige so spoke to him, but his advice was more legal than the emotional support that I want.

I am mananging to read, almost obsessively at times! And I am keeping with getting up by 8:30 at the latest so its not a shock to the system if I get a job. I had 3 months off sick years ago and know the trap you can fall into. But a short trip in the car the other day ended with me driving in tears when mum suggested we travel further but I said I just didn't want to.

Just finding this forum has helped a bit, I've been looking for weeks but only found it today.

Last edited by Sigh; 28th January 2012 at 02:23 PM.