View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 07:49 PM   #313
chosen

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
I respect that your husband feels that away. I just don't agree. I just don't believe God wants anyone to live an unhappy and unfulfilled life. And from a bible standpoint they are correct about remarrying and it being considered adultery. However, i have never as a christian met a minister that would not remarry a person because they were divorced no matter what the reason. I know catholic priest that would have an issue though. So, again as christians we follow one part of the bible (can't divorce other than adultery), but not the other ( can't remarry because it would be adultery.)

Yet again you are going by what some priests will or wont do, and not by what the Bible says. I do know pastors who wouldn't marry all those who have been divorced. Never go by what others say but study it for yourself.

God never says that we will all be happy all our lives. God never said that we will love our spouses all our lives. People could use that as an excuse to do anything. IE "I love this other person so I can leave my spouse and children, because after all God wants me to be happy" WHAT???
We will never be happy or at peace if we disobey Him. Have you considered a separation? Maybe even a legal one? Of course neither of you would be able to remarry, but then you cant Biblically anyway.
This is a time of testing for you and of trusting God, and of looking to Him for more of your happiness and peace.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote