View Single Post
Old 24th January 2014, 05:29 PM   #318
magneto

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
As Raymond says some things are really pretty easy to understand. One is that divorce is very very serious and never to be undertaken except in the most serious of circumstances.
I studied divorce and remarriage a lot, and listened to countless teachings on it before coming to my own conclusions about what I feel God says. I think that nearly all believers would agree that ending a marriage just because you don't think you love that person enough isn't right.

I guess a legal separation would be acceptable if you both agree to it. I think its very sad that you cant just be the husband that you promised to be, and love her in whatever way you can, as a close friend, as a good companion as the mother of your child. No one ever said that we must love our spouse in certain ways only. Something most have attracted you to her initially for you to go out with her, to carry on going out with her, and to think of marriage.
Most of marriage is close friendship and companionship anyway.
We originally both did agree. I think it's sad as well. I think it's sad that I have tried to do all that for years and only now after I have become empty in my feelings that she wants to work on things. After her rejecting me, disrespecting me, and giving me her ass to kiss. Nothing says you should love in a certain way, but your heart knows when you do,and when you don't. i've been married over 20 years, so the things that made me date and marry her are far different for if I did the same thing today. It's called growth, development, interest. Thinking back 20 years ago won't help with today's issues. I've tried. That was the first advice I received. It was bad advice.