View Single Post
Old 29th January 2016, 04:07 PM   #1
Jehan

Should I leave my pregnant wife to go on a weekend trip?

Hi everyone,

I am 34 years old, my wife is 24, we have been happily married for 6 years now. We have 2 daughters (5 and 1), and a third on the way.

Since my wife became pregnant and since we already have a toddler in the house, I have been trying to help out in the house and with the kids as much as possible (even though I work full time and she is a stay at home mom). She doesn't have anyone else whom she can turn to for help.

But of course spending my evenings and weekends with the kids and doing chores after a long day in the office has been a drain on me also. So I asked my wife about a month ago if it would be all right for me to go on a small trip for one weekend (just to get away from the house for a bit). At that point she agreed.

But because of kids becoming sick, overtime at my work, and a blizzard I didn't get to take that trip. When I asked her if I could go now, she said she is too close to her due date (which is only 3 weeks away), and she wants me around if its time for her to go to the hospital.

I was planning on leaving her with my mom when I go on this trip but the two of them are not always on the best terms and my wife said she prefers not to be with her.

Should I listen to my wife and stay (even though I am yearning to get away for some air), or should I try some more to convince her to let me go?

I don't want to abandon her when she needs me but I feel if I don't take this trip now I might not get another chance for months (since she will probably need me even more once the baby is born). And I am not sure I can remain sane for that long.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Jehan is offline   Reply With Quote