Thread: Hope Springs
View Single Post
Old 20th September 2012, 02:48 PM   #8
chosen

Re: Hope Springs

[QUOTE=Raymond;72219]Sounds like a wonderful marriage to me Chosen.

Yes I did tell the woman at work that not all middle aged marriages were sexless and that my own was not.

Sometimes you do see good marriages that seem invincible then shockingly go wrong, even after forty years and even in the church, so there's no room for complacency. It happens rarely in our church but it can happen.

For me honouring the scripture about marriage is the greatest cement and out of that comes the blessing of everything that marriage is meant to be. Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the church is the greatest marital challenge a man can have. Not that my wife is not lovable. Just a case of extent.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Raymond, it is a great marriage, and I know that I am blessed to have this second chance.

I actually only know of 2 marriages that ended in divorce where both spouses were believers, and one of them was my husbands marriage. As you said people can do things that you never thought they could, and despite being believers they can sin and have affairs and divorce their spouses, seemingly with no thought for what God says. My husband still cant believe how his ex wife(a long time believer) acted, and neither can I, but we are not immune to the traps set for us.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote