View Single Post
Old 21st December 2012, 10:12 AM   #201
George

Re: Married and lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Do you think it is a good idea to have separate bedrooms...especially at the age your children are? Wont that give them an idea that this is "normal" in marriage?

Do you think that perhaps the Lord would have you do something other than go along with her kind of leadership?

I guess what I am getting at is that for all these years, you have allowed her to call the shots...allowed her using her interpretation and "choice" of Scripture to back up what she believes to be the difference between good and evil as I recall.

I realize she has a lot of emotional problems...but after all this time, perhaps the one who needs to lay down some consequences for this neglect ,and yes, sin, is YOU. Maybe the Lord is waiting for you to take your rightful position and insist she get counsel and help for what she feels and believes? That is where YOU would come into the picture. Do nothing, and you get nothing...nothing changes when nothing changes. Relying entirely on what the Lord can or will do is good...but only AFTER you have exhausted all other avenues available...but it is my opinion is that you have not even begun.
Hello Forever. Your message definitely challenges me, and I think the reason I don't do anything about it comes down to a combination of lack of faith and fear. I can see meltdown and divorce if I make an issue of anything, rather than the breath of fresh air of reconciliation and intimacy. Probably the devil creating that in my mind, just not sure how to grow in faith to remove that and focus on the positive to take the necessary steps.

With regard to separate rooms, I agree it isn't normal, and the children have queried it. The explanation, which, although it may be only part of the truth, is certainly true, is that both I and my wife need undisturbed sleep to be able to concentrate properly during the following day. Apparently my snoring is so bad my wife can't sleep at all, and then constantly wakes me up to stop me snoring ! Catch-22. So far that explanation has been accepted, but of course it does mask the "temptation" part of the equation.
George is offline   Reply With Quote