Thread: Baronness
View Single Post
Old 13th November 2011, 04:58 AM   #155
chosen

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

Baroness I have to agree with forever here.I was so suprised when you said that you arent married.
God cannot bless a relationship where the people arent married. It just doesnt happen. THis may be at the root of all your problems.
Why hasnt he asked you? What does that say to you that you have been togather for so long and he still hasnt committed 100% and you have allowed the situation to go on and on?

Now I know that in todays world, getting married isnt thought to matter, and many live together, but God does clearly tell us to marry and not live with a person. You say you have been engaged for 4 years, so whats stops you from marrying? Getting engaged is supposed to be the promise to marry. There is no point in waiting that long especially if you live together.
Forever, said to seperate UNTIL you get married and not for good. I think that may be a good idea in the circumstances actually.
It really doesnt matter what your mother thinks or what you feel, but what matters is what God says if you are a believer. You are both living in a sinful situation, you did have lots of sex initially and may have again if things change, so you do need to marry. Of course he has everything he wants as you are, so why does he need to marry you?. You are not young and there was no reason why you have needed to delay it for so long.

I think that you need to rethink the whole relationship and either both comitt 100% to marriage, (and you can marry in a very short time, you dont need much money) or consider parting if he refuses.

My sister in law was like you. She is a believer but she choose to move in with a non believing man, and couldnt see that it was wrong. Recently her faith has grown and God has been convicting her. After 6 years with this man, who still refuses to marry her, she has taken the hard decision to move out and end the relationship. She is very brave but has done the right thing. She is our age.

You 2 need to talk seriously about this, and if he wont marry you then you may need to reconsider the whole situation because I have to say, if a man wouldnt marry me, I would have been off long ago. THis is very serious baroness, and as forever says it does change everything. You have been asking God to mend that part of your relationship, and bless you both, when he clearly says that sex outside marriage is forbidden, so how did you expect Him to answer your prayers???? Get right with God, do what he tells us to do, and then pray for the healing of the relationship.