Thread: I can't let go!
View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:30 AM   #65
Morpheus

Re: I can't let go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The thing is that no matter how many years have been invested in that marriage, there is always life after divorce. New beginnings and fresh starts. Sometimes we need to let go of the past and look forward to what the future has in store if that marriage does sadly end.

I was married first time for 25 years, and may many say what a waste on a man who betrayed you and the childen so badly, but I have three amazing children out of that marriage, a beautiful new grandson, and everything we live though makes us what we are today.

I now have an amazing husband of 8 years, and have never been happier. We cant live in guilt and regret, or we just waste the years we have left.
I don't think anyone is advocating for staying in a dysfunctional marriage just because of the number of years put in. The truth is,as humans,we're socially conditioned to think that way, especially the betrayed party because they're generally people who're willing to give it all before walking away.
The number of years invested becomes one of those parameters, amongst many others, that are given consideration in the decision making process. Some people choose to give greater weight to that, others choose not, focusing instead on preparing for LAD(Life After Divorce).
All in all, each person will reach their tipping point and know that they're done, whether or not they're "throwing" away 50 years, the marriage ends and then LAD starts.

Last edited by Morpheus; 23rd November 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote