Thread: Broke boyfriend
View Single Post
Old 9th April 2015, 06:40 PM   #29
1aokgal

Re: Broke boyfriend

My father was a naval officer on ship in CA. and married my mother there where I was born. They divorced when I was 3. Both remarried, and I hardly knew him, though we lived here in the same city. I live in Virginia Beach, Va. a resort area. This is also one of largest naval bases in US. I met my husband here. He was then in the German Navy, and on a NATO exchange program. Actually, one can say I was his green card. Navy life is part of my background from family, and I married into Navy life. My husband is a Merchant Marine Officer, which explains his always being gone.

Buddy is the dog, right? Dipper is a rather stubborn Pekinese, 10 lbs of spoiled, and a bit aggressive. That goes with the breed. He is my constant companion. The orthotic shoes sound cute, and a good idea.

You sound like a very intelligent woman who has got good direction forward. I'm sorry you don't have your family. I have a pen pal in Washington state...cold there. Have you ever considered life on the East coast? It is warm and beautiful here. Old Dominion University is here. It is a shame the two of you couldn't sit down and talk about things. It sounds more like a business deal than a love, when a man keeps you dangling and jerks your guts around. That would make me really angry and upset. Do you have a job that will work out for you somewhere else, as teaching? You can always send resumes out ahead if you like a certain area. There are good jobs here in Civil Service, which pay extremely well. Was there any real estate or property to divide so you have a start? Men always land on their feet, and usually the women are left scrounging to make it all work out. It does work out though, if you take it one day at a time. Who needs to live in misery? I got out of a marriage as fast as I could, left the area, and never looked back!

I sure was a bitter person, and had no plans to remarry for a long time...I thought. Some things just work out and not as we plan it. There is life after divorce!
The painting came later in life. It seems I have a real natural talent for it. I used that as a reason to take real pricey seminars with several world famous painters. I loved that! This area is rich with culture advantages. I did travel extensively in Europe with my husband and we lived some years in Germany. One of my favorite things...great museums!

Last edited by 1aokgal; 9th April 2015 at 08:07 PM.