View Single Post
Old 7th November 2016, 10:30 PM   #325
Raymond

Re: I don't love my wife and never have...

Glad it has worked out for you Robin though probably not for your ex husband.

It reminds me of my situation. When I was looking for a wife I fell in love with a girl instantly when I saw her. When she passed close to me in church I felt my heart beating whilst going weak at the knees. She was the second girl I felt like this about in my life. Eventually I had to ring her up and I said I think God has given me a love for you. Her reply was that I was the third person that week who echoed those sentiments. I felt like crawling into a hole.

Some years later my pastor told me that there was a girl in our church who was in love with me for the past two years and she was having difficulty in eating because of it so I decided to date her. I eventually proposed to her although my feelings were nothing like what I had for the other girl, although I did have a chemical attraction which you can get with certain people. I now doubt whether my previous crushes on the two girls were a sign of destiny as my marriage has turned out fine for many years. They say that the honeymoon period doesn't last anyway but a commitment can.

I can say, in a mature way, that I love her more than I did at the beginning as it is something I learned to do. She is a wonderful person. I think the bottom line is a chemical attraction (sexual) as opposed to a platonic relationship which I did have with one girl and knew I didn't love her, although I got on with her great in other ways. I was wise enough to back off as marriage had been mentioned. She was quite hurt but it is better than making a mistake as has been described on here. She got over the hurt which would have been far worse if I married her and felt like those on here. She eventually married and is very happy. One can also make big mistakes if one is too desperate to get married.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote