View Single Post
Old 10th August 2014, 01:31 PM   #2
chosen

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

RG
I am so sorry that you wife has decided to leave you, that must be horrible.

How can you be 100% sure that she hasnt been interested in another man, even if they arent actually sleeping together?Could there be someone at work?Remember that few poeple who have met someone else will admit to it, and now she has left you you cannot know what she does or doesnt do. I never cease to be amazed how many people act in a way that was entirely out of character.

Are you are both happy to just be occasional friends and not a married couple? What happens in the future if one of you decides they need to move on and and make life for themselves? What happens if one of you meet someone with whom they want a normal secure marriage?

MY thoughts are that you need to think of either being properly married, as in living in the same house, get counseling and work on complete reconciliation, or stay apart if she wants to and make new lives for yourselves. I doubt if what you are proposing will work in the long term.

She really has no reason to leave you as far as I can tell.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote